Headed by Maria De Rosa and Associate Marilyn Burgess, Communications MDR provides forward-looking, results-driven, strategic consulting services to the cultural industries, digital media, arts and heritage sectors in English and in French.
In over two decades serving Canadian cultural funders, policy makers, associations, and companies, Communications MDR has amassed extensive expertise in public policy, global markets, financing and digital shifts in the cultural sector. Our research, strategic insights and creative communications help our clients better understand key trends; seize market opportunities; design innovative programs and communicate effectively with stakeholders in both official languages.
We support the development of vibrant and sustainable sectors by:
- Conducting research and gathering national and international market intelligence
- Supporting visioning, business planning and organizational transformation
- Providing timely analysis of public policy and regulatory issues
- Evaluating and reviewing programs, policies and initiatives
- Designing and developing new and innovative programs, tools and resources
- Helping organizations communicate and engage with stakeholders
Communications MDR is pleased to offer the following services:
Research and Statistical Analysis
- National and international literature reviews
- Stakeholder surveys
- In-depth interviews with key informants
- Statistical and economic analysis
- Feasibility studies
- Visioning and planning
- Environmental Scans
- SWOT and SOAR analysis
- Change management planning
- Fundraising planning
- Business planning
Policy and Regulatory Analysis
- Public policy analysis
- Environmental monitoring
- Briefing documents
- CRTC regulatory submissions
- Standing Committee submissions
- Federal program evaluations and reviews
- Evaluation plans and frameworks
- Focus groups
- Key informant interviews
- Online survey design, execution and analysis
Program Design and Resource Development
- Innovative program design
- Best practice guides and toolkits
- Human resources management tools
- Governance and business policies
- Performance measurement frameworks
Communications and Stakeholder Engagement
- Strategic communications plans
- Communications audits
- Writing for the Web
- Press releases
- Facilitation of strategic retreats and stakeholder consultations
- Stakeholder consultation plans
About the consultants
Maria De Rosa
President of Communications MDR
Maria is a big picture thinker and visionary strategist. Her years of experience as Director of Corporate Affairs at Telefilm Canada, as a policy advisor in the Department of Communications in Ottawa, her mandates at CBC Radio and the National Film Board bring considerable public policy analysis and strategic positioning to her consulting practice.
Maria leads complex projects and teams to deliver compelling evidence-based research and communications strategies that position clients for success.
Marilyn, President of Burgess Consultants, brings strong analytical, research and writing skills to her work as a consultant. A former professor of Film Studies at Carleton University, Dr. Burgess has published extensively on Canadian communications and culture.
Marilyn is also an experienced public policy professional having designed, delivered and evaluated innovative programs in the arts, cultural and digital industries.
An agile and fluently bilingual facilitator, Marilyn's deep appreciation for issues and sharp analytical process ensure clients achieve their goals.